Monday, January 26, 2009

Yet another easy read, if that's what you're looking for!

I've been sucked into all the hype over Twilight, written by Stephanie Meyers...

And you know what? It's good. A bit teenager-y for some, but I really enjoyed it. This is coming from someone who still enjoys reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe series over and over, so my opinion may or may not carry much weight!

Myers writes fluidly and well. The story is somewhat predictable but I still found myself reading well into the night because I just could not put this one down...

I'm sure you all are vaguely familiar with the plot, so I won't spoil what little you don't already know by elaborating here. I will just say that it is a teen love story, but it does have it's fair share of action to break up the soppy parts!

I am not going to rush out and see the movie. I can't think of one movie-based-on-a-novel I have enjoyed as much as the book, so I can't image this one would be any different. They always leave out too much!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

i just picked this up so it's good to hear it's a fun read - that's what i was after, something mindlessly entertaining.

Meegan @ The Harvey Circus said...

And now I've gone out this afternoon and bought the next one!!!
My one problem - reading it at night... My three month old sleeps all night long (yep, we are super lucky!), but I'm the one up all night. Reading!

Claire said...

I have heard from several adults that these books are indeed a good read.

Meegan @ The Harvey Circus said...

I ready two thirds of the second one last night.... I just could not put it down!