Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Friday Night Knitting Club

At the moment I need to read things that entertain me, don't make me think too much and that can handle interruptions without completely destroying the flow of the tale. I understand now how Mills and Boon have kept afloat for such a long time. Not that I'm quite ready to head down that reading path, but never say never, right?!

The Friday Night Knitting Club caught my eye at our last library trip. Well, to be perfectly honest, it was one of those books that a librarian had thoughtfully put at eye level for me to grab as I walked past with Reuben in one arm and a stack of pictures books in the other. And I am so glad that thoughtful person put this particular book out, just for me of course!

Although not a new story line, it was still a good one. The title gives a enough away, so I won't elaborate. The characters were warm, funny, real and I could relate to nearly all of them.

I cried while reading this book.

I marked (not literally - it was a library book!) a couple of passages that I really loved and shared them with a friend.

Both the crying and the marking of passages is unusual for me, so Kate Jacobs must have done something right :o)


Knit Two
is the sequel and I'm keen to read it to see what is next in store for the characters involved in the knitting club.

No comments: